The conservatory’s library official foundation date is 1932. On October 18, 1932, according to the newspaper “Zvyazda” (1932, No. 255), “classes began at the newly established conservatory in Minsk.” Classes were hold in the building of the music college. The library of the conservatory was located here too, and had a common fund with the library of the musiccollege.
Now, the Music and Scientific Library (since 2001) of the Belarusian State Academy of Music – the largest specialized book depository of musical materials, audio recordings and book editions at musical art in the country – has over 217 thousand exemplars, almost 132 thousand of them are scores.
The library is the information, reference and bibliographic center of the Belarusian State Academy of Music. The library main function is providing of current and regular library, bibliographic and information services to users in accordance with the educational and scientific processes of the academy based on traditional and modern information and library technologies, and improving of the information system.
Information services are carried out in accordance with the directions of the educational, scientific, cultural and educational activity of the academy and includes:
• reference, bibliographic and information services;
• formation and maintenance of the reference and search system;
• organization of the scientific and bibliographic activity;
• training in the basics of information and bibliographic culture;
• practical use of innovative library and computer technologies.
Users have access to: